Celebrities are known for using facial fillers, but some prominent names take these efforts to the extreme and look unnatural. You want to emulate the celebs who simply look better one day but you can’t put your finger on why. Done correctly, carefully, and appropriately for your face, fillers like Botox provide natural-looking facial rejuvenation. And, used in conjunction with cosmetic dentistry procedures, Botox is the key to smile makeover perfection.
There are many ways Botox completes a smile makeover:
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. You see the commercials for moisturizer and night creams that promise to minimize the pesky lines around your mouth. Botox actually delivers on these promises. Juvederm is another filler that replaces lost volume in the face, hydrating smile lines so they smooth out and disappear
- Plumps skin. As we age, we lose collagen in our skin – and collagen is responsible for the plumpness that is a symbol of youth. Botox tightens up collagen and, because it is injected into the facial muscles, successfully blocks the nerve-muscle communication to prevent contraction. What follows is a smoother, healthier look free of deep laugh lines or worry lines.
- Reduces discomfort. Smile makeovers aren’t only about aesthetic improvements. Functionally, discomfort in your teeth and jaw can affect your overall oral health and appearance. If you grind or clench your teeth or have TMJ problems, Botox injections can provide relief, helping release tension and stress that you’re holding in your jaws. Not only will you look happy with a smile makeover and Botox, you’ll feel better too.
- Tweaks face shape. Combining Botox with tooth restorations like dental implants allows you to revitalize the shape of your lower face. Implants are used to replace missing teeth, filling in the space where a tooth root once lived and thereby supporting that portion of your jaw. Stimulating the jawbone in this way, and combining the work of the implant with the effectiveness of Botox, you boost the shape of your face and recapture some youthfulness.
- Creates balance. A smile makeover is amazing and impressive all on its own. A smile makeover – particularly one that involves porcelain veneers – combined with Botox around the mouth is even more stunning. Add Botox to your forehead, between the eyes, and around the corners of your eyes and, with the help of your experienced Bedminster cosmetic dentist, you will have a complete rejuvenated face that is expertly balanced.
Botox + Cosmetic Dentistry = A Flawless Smile Makeover
It’s essential to rely on someone experienced to administer Botox injections. Dentists are trained in the detailed anatomy of the face, neck, and head and work exclusively on the mouth and face. Administering an injection is second nature for dentists who regularly prep patients for dental procedures with novocaine anesthetic injected into the cranial nerves.
You can have the best of all worlds and capture a youthful look by working with a dentist who is experienced and comfortable with facial fillers and, of course, perfecting your smile. Contact Bedminster Family & Cosmetic Dentistry to schedule your consultation for a smile makeover and Botox.